Our Members, Devotees, Sponsors, Donors and Funders are incredibly important to us. Without your help, we simply wouldn’t be able to continue the activities of Sanaton Association since 1983.
We are committed to treating you with respect and openness.
The Sanaton Association is a registered private limited company guarantee without share capital. It run by Trustees with support of its devotees and sponsors based all over the United Kingdom. Our aims and objective are to ensure the preservation of the Hindu religion and culture, further its advancement and make use of it towards the enrichment of the multi-cultural society in the United Kingdom. We want to help build racial equality and harmony through our continuing relationships with various local and national voluntary and Government agencies.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and making every effort to ensure that your personal information is processed in a fair, open and transparent manner.
You receive our newsletters and events information because as a supporter, devotee or well-wisher of our organisation we have a duty to keep you informed about our Activities and how your donations are being used. This is to confirm that your personal details will be held securely and will not be shared with any third party without your consent.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact us:
We want to make sure you receive the communications that are most relevant to you, be it through visiting our website or receiving emails, post or phone calls. We want to make sure you receive the best attention when you sponsor our events, become a member or make a donation.
We collect information from you in the following ways:
• This could be if you ask us about our year long activities, register with us as a member and make a donation/sponsor any of our events and Temple.
• We collect data through a number of means and sometimes use third parties to collect data on our behalf to support our activities. Such activities include running raffles, event registrations, setting up Direct Debits and processing your donations, and ensuring our records are as up to date as possible through running address and details verification checks.
Periodically, your information may be shared with/collected by key partners or third party suppliers (Mail Chimp).
Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, your age, gender, location and/or country. as well as information you provide in any communications between us. We may also ask you if you are a UK tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid (please rest assured that we do not collect information about your actual tax payments, just whether you are a tax payer).
The personal information we collect about you will mainly be used by our Trustees.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
We will mainly use this information:
• To process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid from H M Revenue & Customs on your donations and verify any financial transactions.
• To update you with important administrative messages about your donation, an event
• For statuary and regulatory compliance
• To keep a record of your relationship with us
• To provide you with information about our activities, for which you may be interested to join and get updated.
We take looking after your information very seriously. We've implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Unfortunately the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
Our websites may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Please be aware that advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites or advertisers.
Any debit or credit card details which we receive on our website are passed securely.
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting us at our address given above.
You have the right to:
• request a copy of the information we hold about you
• update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
• change your communication preferences at any time
• ask us to remove your personal information from our records
• raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
If you wish to talk through anything in our privacy statement, find out more about your rights, or obtain a copy of the information we hold please call us on 02032881075 or email to email@example.com
We take the protection of children very seriously. To that end, we require that children under 16 do not submit any information to our website without a parent’s or guardian’s consent. We will not knowingly request or collect from a child any information online that can be traced to the child, such as an email address, name, or information about the child’s family. Unless a parent or guardian consents to such use in advance, we will not knowingly use information that a child provides to us for any fundraising or promotional purpose.
Thank all of you for your continued supports.